Steve Jobs and Technology

I am a developer, and my passion is to use the best possible technology to write useful and beautiful applications for my customers, and I hope my applications are good enough that my customers would love to pay for them.

I recently watched some video about Steve Jobs. One of them is he is promoting iPod Nano, the other is he is promoting iPhone. As I watched, I could not help thinking what a great salesman Mr. Jobs are. He has an almost unmatched ability to sell stuff to millions of people, of course, the stuff that he is selling is really good stuff.

Jeff Bozos said his company (Amazon) is customer obsessed.

To understand, technology is the tool, not the goal, customer is the goal.

That's the difference between Steve/Jeff and geeks. That's the mindset shift that we geeks should make.

The question we should ask is, what I could do to help customers? what values I could bring to customers? how much time that I could save for customers? what convenience that I could give to customers? If your customers are happy and satisfied, trust me on this, you will be happy at the end.