SQLite

I didn't realize that Adobe Air is actually using SQLite engine until this morning.

Then I found SQLite Browser

It's a powerful tool to manage SQLite DataBase, you could create/update/delete tables/columns, and you could also issue SQL commands against table.

Now this solves a problem for me:

I could use Flex Air to build fancy UI against local DataBase without worrying about DataBase driver....you know, these complicated stuff. For me, I just need a simple relational database, I don't care security, I don't care users....just simple database that I could store data persistently.

SQLite Browser allows to import .CSV file into Table directly, it could even extract the first row as the column name if you choose.

Regarding the limits: see here but here is the recap:

Bear in minds, all these limits are configurable, just to avoid making things complicated, let's just take whatever default comes.

Maximum number of Columns: 2000
Maximum length of a string or BLOB: 1 Billion bytes -- about 954 MB

Now, the sky is just open....